Module 7: Accessible Routes (1 hour, 30 minutes)
This module takes an extensive look at Requirement 1 of the Fair Housing Act, Accessible Entrance on an Accessible Route. Not only will participants learn strategies for creating accessible routes according to the Act, they will strengthen their knowledge of accessible site design.
What is Covered?
- The Fair Housing Act design and construction requirements
- Detailed specifications for Requirement 1: Accessible Entrance on an Accessible Route
- Site Impracticality and relevant tests that can be applied to ensure compliance
- Types of facilities that are covered and must have an Accessible Route
Who Should Attend?
- Architects and Designers
- Civil Engineers and Landscape Architects
- Developers and Builders
- Disability and Housing Advocates
How Will You Benefit? You will:
- Increase your understanding of Fair Housing Act, Requirement 1, and related guiding principles
- Understand how to design an accessible entrance on an accessible route in compliance with the Fair Housing Act
- Understand the issues related to site impracticality
- Learn to apply the two site impracticality tests
- Gain strategies and tips for designing attractive accessible routes
- Obtain resources to aid you in compliance
Accessible Routes (PDF, 3867K) (Adobe Acrobat Reader Required)