Module 8: Accessible Public and Common-Use Areas (1 hour, 30 minutes)
This module presents a comprehensive look at the accessibility requirements of the Fair Housing Act related to Public and Common-Use. Participants will gain insight into the technical specifications for accessible public and common-use areas and strategies for creating them. They will also strengthen their knowledge of how to provide an accessible route to the various public and common-use areas covered under the Fair Housing Act.
What is Covered?
- The Fair Housing Act and its requirements
- Detailed specifications for Requirement 2: Accessible Public and Common-Use Areas
- Types of facilities that are considered public and common-use areas that are subject to compliance
Who Should Attend?
- Architects and Designers
- Civil Engineers and Landscape Architects
- Developers and Builders
- Disability and Housing Advocates
How Will You Benefit? You will:
- Increase your understanding of Fair Housing Act, Requirements 2, and related guiding principles
- Understand what public and common-use areas are covered by the Fair Housing Act
- Gain strategies and tips for designing compliant public and common-use areas
- Obtain resources to aid you in compliance
Public and Common-Use Areas (PDF, 3518 K)
Acrobat Reader Required)