Module 4: Fair Housing Act Enforcement (1 hour, 30 minutes)
This module provides a comprehensive look at all aspects of enforcement of the Fair Housing Act, as well as other disability rights laws. Not only will participants gather important information about enforcement processes and procedures, they will also learn typical defenses in Fair Housing Act cases and real-life investigation methods and techniques.
What is Covered?
- Overview of the federal, state, and/or private enforcement processes and actions for the Fair Housing Act and other accessibility laws
- Typical defenses for Fair Housing Act violations and why they may not be upheld
- Relevant Fair Housing Act cases
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone with an interest in enforcement of disability rights laws
- Developers and Builders
- Disability and Housing Advocates
- Enforcement Officials
- Property Owners and Managers
How Will You Benefit? You will:
- Develop awareness of common settlements in Fair Housing Act violations cases
- Learn to identify appropriate remedies for Fair Housing Act violations
- Strengthen your knowledge of key concepts and terms related to the Fair Housing Act
- Develop insight into relevant case laws
- Obtain resources to aid you in compliance
Housing Act Enforcement (PDF, 2464K) (Adobe
Acrobat Reader Required)